This weeks meal prep was inspired by Memorial day. I was looking for a healthy, easy way to make something which could be BBQ ready when guests arrived!
Here is the replay incase you missed it;
This recipe was inspired by; Delish Hawaiian Chicken Skewers.
- 2-4 Chicken breasts (Chopped)
- 2 Garlic cloves (Chopped)
- 1/4 cup Low Sodium Sauce
- 1/4 cup Plain Pineapple Juice (* plain juice and not syrup because syrup has a lot of sugar in it)
- 2 tbsp. Tomato ketchup
- A Ziploc bag
- 1 Chopped onion
- 2 Chopped bell peppers (any color)
- Pineapple from the pineapple juice
1)Add the chopped garlic in a bowl and mix in; soy sauce, pineapple juice and ketchup. This will make the marinade.
2)Add the chopped chicken breast to a Ziploc bag and pour in the marinade. Allow the marinade to soak for a minimum of 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
3)Once the marinade is ready, layer the onions, bell pepper, pineapple and chicken on each skewer alternatively.
4)Place skewers on preheated grill and brush with any left over marinade.
5)Grill until chicken is properly cooked.