Greek Turkey Meatballs or Burgers:
This is a great EASY, HEALTHY recipe I made on my Facebook “Meal Prep Monday” show. (Here’s the link if you want to see how I made them; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rdr2WBm9VT4 These were inspired by one of my favorite go-to websites; https://www.skinnytaste.com/ . These were so EASY and so tasty! I love the Greek “flair” by adding in the low fat feta cheese as well as being able to sneak in a some veggies! (zucchini).
*If you double the recipe, there will be lots of leftovers for your meal prep for the week.
*These also store well in the freezer for a later date.
*Try making these into meatballs this week and burger patties next time for variety!
- 1lb ground turkey meat
- 1 medium shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup fat free feta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped red onions
- 1/4 cup ground oatmeal (or 1 packet of instant oats)
- 1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 chopped garlic clove
- Salt & pepper to season
*makes approx 6-8 meatballs or 4-5 patties.
- Shred the zucchini with a cheese grater and remove excess water by patting dry in a paper towel 2)Add all the ingredients to a medium size bowl and mix 3)Add approx. 1/4 of the mixture to each of the muffin tin cups and bake for approx. 20-30 mins at 350 degrees.
- *You can also cook these in a pan with olive oil, or make burger patties for the BBQ.
Yogurt Dill Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup fat free or light PLAIN greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup fresh dill (chopped)
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all the above ingredients in a small bowl.
- Serve as a dip for the meatballs, or as a spread for the Turkey burgers.