Recently, I did a segment on Katu’s Afternoon Live for; “3 Dip ideas for Grad parties”. These are 3 EASY dip ideas you can make well in advance, so you can enjoy your grad party and not worry about the food!
Smoky Blue Cheese Dip: (From Better Homes & Gardens)
1 clove of garlic, peeled and smashed
¼ tsp salt
2 tsps. white wine vinegar
6 oz. Greek yogurt (I used nonfat)
¼ cup mayonnaise
½ tsp smoked paprika
1/8 tsp ground pepper
5 oz. blue cheese crumbles
1) Place garlic on a cutting board and sprinkle with salt. Smash garlic with a knife and smear garlic and salt until a paste forms. Add garlic to a mixing bowl along with the white wine vinegar and stir. Stir in the yogurt, mayonnaise, smoked paprika and pepper. Fold in the blue cheese
*Serve with celery sticks, carrot sticks or rice crakers
Creamy Fruit Dip:
6 oz. Cool Whip Light (thawed)
8 oz. container of light Greek yogurt (any flavor)
1) In a medium mixing bowl mix cool whip and Greek yogurt together.
2) Serve with any kind of fresh fruit.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
1/4 cup low fat ranch dressing
1/2 cup chopped celery
1 cup Greek yogurt
1/2 cup franks hot sauce or Siracha
1/4 cup low fat blue cheese crumbles
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp. coconut sugar or stevia.
1) Mix all ingredients in a crockpot & summer in low for 2-3 hours or simmer on a pan on the stove for 30 mins.
2) Serve with rice crackers, whole grain tortilla chips, cucumbers or other dipping veggies!