Hey guys! You know I’m all about finding balance–maintaining a fit life, while still having fun! This was one of my favorite Facebook LIVE’s not only because I got to sample some new cocktails, but I had my beautiful friend Nicole helping me. For the vodka cocktail Nicole made, she brought over all the supplies and used FRESH mint from her garden. It was so much fun testing and experimenting with these recipes, which are great for a refreshing summer drink, (without all the calories)!
Be sure to let me know if you try these and tag me on Facebook for Instagram!
In case you missed the Facebook LIVE, you can watch it here; (we may have “tested” before we filmed!)
Meal Prep Monday -LIVE skinny cocktails with guest Nicole Hudson Ford ????????Check out www.lorifaren.com for the “skinny”on the recipes!
Posted by Lori Ronlund-Faren Wbff Pro on Monday, May 21, 2018
1)Summer Vodka Cocktail–This recipe can be found here; Skinny Vodka Cocktail
- LaCroix Blackberry Cucumber Sparkling Water
- Fresh Blackberries
- Mint Leaves
- Fresh squeezed or store-bought lime juice
- In a food processor or high quality blender, puree a small handful of blackberries, 3-4 large slices of cucumber, a few sprigs of mint, and 3-4 tbsp of lime juice until well blended. This should be enough to make about 4 drinks (just barely enough for me), so adjust accordingly.
- Fill an 8-12 ounce glass full of ice and add 1.5 ounces of vodka. Some times I add like 3 ounces, though.
- Top with approximately 1/2 a can of LaCroix Blackberry Cucumber Sparkling Water.
- Add 1-2 tbsp of your awesome puree mixture and stir well.
- Garnish with fresh blackberries, sliced cucumber, fresh mint and/or a slice of lime. (optional, but your drink might be ugly without it.)
2)Skinny Lemon Drop–can be found here; Skinny Lemon Drop
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 packet Sweet’N Low® zero calorie sweetener (I used Stevia)
- 2 ounces Lemon-flavored vodka, chilled
- 1 curl lemon zest, for garnish
In a cocktail shaker, combine the lemon juice, Sweet’N Low® (or Stevia), and vodka. Fill the shaker halfway with cracked ice and shake vigorously. Strain into a chilled stemmed glass. Garnish with the lemon zest.